Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.


Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Release Date: May 18, 2012
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers

Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high.

Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.

In her exquisitely written fantasy debut, Rachel Hartman creates a rich, complex, and utterly original world. Seraphina's tortuous journey to self-acceptance is one readers will remember long after they've turned the final page.


Dreamy sigh. I've been reading a lot of Contemporary and Paranormal Romance lately--and don't get me wrong, I love them--but I am very excited for this book to come out. Some good old fashion YA fantasy. Dragons, Castles, Conspiracy, oh my! And isn't Seraphina a beautiful name? Between sexy princes, kingdom-threatening plots, and partially monstrous protagonists, I wonder if this book will be anything like Kristen Cashore's Fire. (Fine with me if it is!)

Also, for any of you UK readers, check out the English cover to the left. Very different feel, but equally beautiful.

What are you excited for this week?

5 comments:

  1. Seraphina sounds interesting! Yeah, it's a beautiful name. The cover is beautiful too!! I like it! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this one certainly seems interesting! And I think I prefer the cover to the left, so it's lucky I'll be getting that one! :D hehe.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's what I'm Waiting On this week!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third time I have seen this book today! Seems like a popular one. It's on my list so I can't wait to read it! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. "SERAPHINA" sounds like my type of book. I will most definitely be adding it to my wishlist :) Great Waiting On Wednesday Choice

    Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog ★NEW BLOG FOLLOWER ★ Click Here To Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cover, sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Love all y'all! Thanks for commenting!!