Monday, March 26, 2012

Book to Movie Trailer: The Host by Stephanie Meyers


Hi all! For those of you who have not yet seen this, I bring you the movie trailer for Stephanie Meyer's The Host, which premiered at the midnight Hunger Games showings last Thursday.




I must admit, I was pretty disappointed by this trailer. Personally, I think it resembles a book trailer more than it does a movie one. I'm ambivalent about the Twilight series, but I really loved The Host, so was very much looking forward to seeing this adaptation (fun fact: I almost worked on it!). However, this trailer, which is..... well let us not mince words, this trailer is pretty awful, does not seem to bode well for the upcoming film.

The good news? This is only the first of many trailers to come. The movie isn't released for another year so there's plenty of time to get it right. I am curious to see how they will adapt this book, which lives primarily in the thoughts of The Wanderer, into a film. (I suspect a lot of flashbacks.) I am completely baffled by the choice of Diane Kruger as the psychotically agressive Seeker, but to be fair, I only know her as Helen of Troy. Clearly there are a lot of tricky decisions that are going to have to get made, and I think this is going to be a tough film to pull off, but we'll just have to wait and see!

What do you all think? Did you like the book? Are you excited for the film?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love all y'all! Thanks for commenting!!