Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.



Linked by Imogen Howson
Release Date: Sometime 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing

Elissa discovers her nightmarish visions and inexplicable bruises are caused by a telepathic link to a twin she didn’t know existed. When she helps the girl evade government capture, a Bourne Identity style chase ensues.

What really caught my eye about this book was the cover--very different than what you usually see on the market for YA these days. It definitely conveys the strange paranormal-actiony vibe that the book description is rocking. Besides, I'm kind of a sucker for twins. I always sort of wished I had been one (though between you and me, I think I'd be a sub-par twin given how much I hate sharing clothes with my younger sister).

I've never read any of Imogen Howson's other works, but seeing as S&S is pubbing this one, I feel pretty confident it's going to be good.

What are you excited for this week?

3 comments:

  1. Hi there :) just popping in...The cover is gorgeous and the story sounds interesting.

    :) Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover. It's refreshing to see something different from all of the current YA covers, for sure.

    My WoW Pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is amazingand would almost be enough reason to buy this book. But I also love the synopsis and I'm definitely looking forward to read it! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete

Love all y'all! Thanks for commenting!!