Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sarah Dessen Cover Makeovers!

Sarah Dessen got a face lift! Her covers, that is (she's already gorgeous as can be).

You have probably seen one or more of these covers popping up on blogs lately. If you weren't already aware, Penguin Teen has revamped all of Sarah Dessen's old covers (except What Happened to Goodbye) and slowly--torturously--released them throughout the past 10 days. But as of today they are all out. So here they are:


Individually, I'm not psyched about a lot of these covers, The Truth About Forever in particular (correct me if I'm wrong, but does that have anything to do with the book?) But do like That's Summer, and I do think they look pretty spiffy all together. (Imagine them all lined up on your book case!) The old covers screamed 90s to me, so I'm glad these ones are being directed to today's youth. Sarah Dessen must be known, y'all!

To put it lightly, Sarah Dessen is a genius of mega-squee proportions. As far as I'm concerned, she is the mother of all that is good and holy about Contemporary YA. Her books are a wonderful balance of romance, personal development, friendship, and family. I absolutely adore them. In fact, I have put myself on a Dessen diet and am only allowed to read one every three months so that I don't go through them too quickly. They are too good to be squandered!

Would these new covers get you to stop in a bookstore? Have any favorites?

3 comments:

  1. I like Along for the Ride and Just Listen, but I loved the old covers, I felt like they were classic. Sometimes I really hate cover re-dos, I think this is one that I won't be so thrilled about. Thanks for covering this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed the release of these covers throughout the past ten days. While I have not yet read a Sarah Dessen book (I hope to soon!), I'm not overly impressed with these covers. They just seem too generic, minimalist and... like very modern? I wasn't a huge fan of the old covers, but I'm just not feeling most of these. I do think they would look nice on all a bookshelf though. The two I do like are Just Listen and Lock and Key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I'm not really sure how I feel about these covers. When I first saw them I thought they were fanmade covers "/ I do like that these are more modern but apart from that they don't look right to me. I don't like the stock images + fonts. Like I said, they look very fanmade. I don't know, maybe I'm being too judgemental... "/ lol

    ReplyDelete

Love all y'all! Thanks for commenting!!