Happy Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and created by The Perpetual Page Turner!) Welcome to this week's topic: Top Ten Books You'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads.
I definitely fall prey to "holiday culture" in that I automatically associate summer with fun faster reads (probably because my brain shuts down a little in warm weather). With the sudden constant companionship of my AC and sunglasses, I am in full summer mode and looking for good contemporaries to go along with my
2. Anything Sarah Dessen You really can't go wrong here, but my personal favorite is Along for the Ride, which is basically the fulfillment of every girl's dream summer away at the beach.
3. Anything Jennifer Echols Can my personal favorites be "everything she's ever written?" No? Well then, definitely check out Love Story and Forget You. I just swoon thinking about them!
4. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Also takes place in the summer. You can read my review or just take my word when I say that YOU WILL DIE of the cute.
5. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares If you've seen the movies, ignore them. As is always the case, the books are better. I'm a Bridget girl myself, but you'll have to tell me who you prefer.
6. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick This one comes out this week, and I can't wait to have a finished copy as some shelf candy! Be sure to wish Huntley Fitzpatrick a happy book birthday this Thursday!!
7. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella This is not YA, but it is extra sexy and extra, extra hilarious. Make sure you have a cold drink or magazine on hand because wooooahhh giiirrll, you are going to need to fan yourself after certain chapters!
9. The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt This doesn't come out until July 10th, but it's one of my most anticipated reads for the summer! Besides, it's a rule of the universe that when a Kelsey is involved (as with this protagonist) everything is spectacular. I speak from experience, of course.
10. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols Also a July 10th release. Have I mentioned I have a talent crush on Jennifer Echols? Yes? Then you wont be surprised to hear that I am considering getting cryogenically frozen until this release because I might die--DIE I TELL YOU--from waiting.
If you have any good contemps you think I should try, let me know! Happy sunny Tuesday, all.